I chose to study ABE at B&B because, compared to the other courses, ABE was the only one that would allow me work experience privileges and because of that I was able to land a job as a filing clerk at an investment company one month after I had finished the Level 4 course. My plan was to find a job that suits my needs and expectations and build up enough money to continue on to the ABE Level 5 Diploma.
I would say the best thing about studying with ABE are the lecturers who taught it and the fact that I got to go on work experience because in order for me to attained the job that I wanted I had to have some form of work experience and I was seriously lacking in that area.
Skills I have gained from ABE are; interpersonal skills, computer skills and etiquette skills. Others were skills I had already possessed but I got the chance to improve on them because of ABE.
My tips for successful study are:
- Don’t engage in any other activities after studying for about 10- 15 minutes, give the brain time to process and store the information it has received.
- Study little by little. This will give the brain the time it needs to rest, store away the information and to commence processing other information.
- Focus on studying one subject area at a time. Studying too many at a time will tend to confuse the brain.
Long term my plans are:
- Work at a manager’s position or become a successful entrepreneur
- Help my family financially
- Buy my dream house
- Get married
- Buy my dream car
- Early retirement