An integrated approach to sales management has a direct effect on sales performance. As well as providing a thorough and up-to-date overview of the relevant theory and research evidence, this elective considers sales force management from a strategic perspective. Practical actions which sales managers can take to direct, influence and control sales staff are examined together with implementation issues such as sales force recruitment and selection, sales training, motivation and reward. Two more key aspects are evaluation and control of sales programmes.
- Development and role of selling in marketing.
- Sales strategies.
- Consumer and organisational buyer behaviour.
- Sales responsibilities and preparation.
- Personal selling skills.
- Key account management.
- Relationship selling.
- Direct marketing.
- Internet and IT applications.
- Sales settings.
- International selling.
- Law and ethical issues.
- Recruitment and selection.
- Motivation and training.
- Organisation and compensation.
- Sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Sales force evaluation.