What is this SHRM seminar about?
Break the barriers to business performance and take your career higher with an international certification in Organisation Development and Effectiveness from the world’s #1HRM association. Best value-for money!
Organisational Development and Effectiveness (ODE) refers to the analysis of the people, processes, systems and structures in an organisation so as to identify the most appropriate changes in these that must be made to improve business results.
ODE focuses on the improvement in the performance of staff, and as such is a key concern to HRM professionals. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM; www.shrm.org) is the leading HRM organisation in the world. As part of its efforts to advance the profession, it has developed a seminar workshop that is aimed at enhancing the skill of managers in the issues involved in ODE.
Who is this SHRM seminar for?
All managers need to be concerned about Organisational Development and Effectiveness. As such this seminar is open to all managers throughout the organisation.
How will I benefit by coming to this SHRM seminar?
- Save big! Stay in Jamaica and get exposure to the same course that is presented in the USA at an average cost of US$1, 570.00 per workshop (see http://store.shrm.org/s-organizational-development.html). When you add in airfare, accommodation and meals, the cost of attending a similar seminar in the USA is over US$2,000.00.
- Become a highly-valued business leader who is acknowledged by peers and the organization as the “go-to” expert in performance improvement!
- Develop your ability to identify business performance barriers and opportunities!
- Increase your knowledge of how to determine the underlying causes of performance deficiencies and identify the best strategies to address these!
- Know how to implement practical, realistic solutions that will result in better ways of operating!
- Get more opportunities to network and learn from other professionals!
- Implement more successful performance improvement initiatives!
- Improve staff motivation, engagement, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness!
- Build your credibility as an expert in HRM and facilitate faster career growth and progression!
- “Recession-proof” your job by contributing to higher profitability & increase your value to the firm!
What will I learn?
Knowledge of ODE diagnosis tools/techniques and ODE improvement strategies including systems thinking, organizational culture, change management, coaching, group dynamics, aligning strategy, organizational design, performance management, and reward systems
How will the SHRM seminar be delivered?
The SHRM seminar will be presented using material from the SHRM. It will be in a workshop setting that focuses on an integrated case study and hands-on activities
Who are the presenters?
Mrs Novelette Panton (SPHR, MBA Human Resource Management, M.A. Economics, BSc Economics & Management) has over thirty-four years of experience in a variety of roles in a major institution in the financial sector. This includes senior responsibility for the Human Resource Management function for nearly 15 years. She is currently pursuing doctoral studies in Economic Development and has been engaged in lecturing at various institutions for over 20 years. This includes delivery of the Organisational Behaviour module of the Edinburgh Business School MBA programme
Mrs Michele Small-Bartley (MSc Applied Psychology, BSc Computer & Management Studies) is a senior director in the public sector. As the Senior Director of the Modernisation Programme Implementation unit in the Cabinet Office for several years, she has practical experience dealing with a number of Organisational Development and Change Management issues in a number of GoJ ministries and agencies. She is currently completing her Ph.D. in Organisational Behaviour (Specilisation – Organisational Change, Culture, Leadership & Social Policy) and has lectured in this area at various institutions for several years.
Mrs Viris Williams– Brown (MBA Human Resource Management, BSc Management Studies) is a senior consultant and change management specialist with over 20 years’ experience in handling ODE issues. She led the Human Resource Solutions practice at the leading management consulting firm in the Caribbean for several years and has serviced public and private sector clients in Jamaica, the Bahamas, Trinidad & Tobago and Barbados. Her job exposures also included stints with Canadian firms. She has led several workshops on change management and organisational strategy.
When will this SHRM seminar be?
The SHRM workshop seminar will be held on four Saturdays over two months in 2016 – March 5, March 19, April 2 and April 16. The workshops will run from 10 AM to 2 PM each day
What Will I Get?
- SHRM certificate in “Organisational Development and Effectiveness”
- SHRM Professional Development Credits of 14.75 credit hours
- SHRM participant workbook and seminar slides
- Free copy of the book “Guide to Organisation Design: Creating high-performing and adaptable enterprises” by Naomi Stanford
- Free copy of “The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization” by Peter Senge
- Lunch and refreshments included in price
Do you have different payment options?
- Early-Bird “Pay early and save!” plan
- Persons who pay the full cost by December 31, 2015 will receive a 15% discount on fees
- Persons who pay the full seminar cost by January 30, 2016 receive a 10% discount on fees
- Part payment option:
- 50% of the total cost must be paid by January 30,2016
- A further 25% must be paid by February 27, 2016
- The final 25% must be paid by March 31, 2016
- Group Discount
- Groups of 3 persons or more will receive a discount of up to 25% on the seminar fees