This elective is about strategic choices. It looks at alternative directions (e.g. vertical moves, new markets and technologies, international expansion) and alternative means for pursuing these directions (e.g. internal expansion, acquisition, alliance). Competitive strategy develops a set of analytical approaches and tools to help formulate and evaluate these strategies topic by topic. It aims to provide a unified and integrated framework to assist strategy formulation.
- Analysis of the environment.
- Strategies for competitive advantage.
- The evolution of competitive advantage.
- Vertical links and moves.
- Horizontal links and moves.
- International strategy.
- Making the moves.